For immediate release: Monday, August 17, 2020
National Right to Life: The Democratic Party Fails “We the People”
WASHINGTON — As the Democratic National Convention begins, the Democratic Party’s theme for the evening is “We the People,” but the party has grossly failed to protect the most vulnerable among us and, instead, has become the party of abortion.
“Leaders of the Democratic Party are working in lock-step with pro-abortion groups and their demands,” said Carol Tobias, president of National Right to Life. “The Democratic Party and its leadership have failed vulnerable women and their unborn babies.”
If elected, Democratic Party candidates for president and vice-president, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, respectively, would be the most pro-abortion administration in history. A Biden/Harris administration would seek to:
- enshrine abortion on demand in federal law;
- appoint justices who will uphold abortion on demand;
- reverse the Trump Administration’s pro-life policies;
- reverse President Trump’s Title X rule that prevents pro-abortion groups from promoting or referring for abortions;
- promote abortion around the world by reversing the Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance program which prevents federal taxpayer dollars from being used by abortion groups to perform or promote abortion overseas;
- abolish the Hyde Amendment and use federal tax dollars to pay for abortion on demand.
“Under a Biden/Harris administration we would see pro-abortion policies pushing abortion at any time, anywhere and for any reason,” said Tobias. “Protective, pro-life legislation and policies such as the Hyde Amendment would be reversed or nullified, placing women and unborn babies at risk."
Founded in 1968, the National Right to Life Committee (NRLC), the federation of 50 state right-to-life affiliates and more than 3,000 local chapters, is the nation’s oldest and largest grassroots pro-life organization. Recognized as the flagship of the pro-life movement, NRLC works through legislation and education to protect innocent human life from abortion, infanticide assisted suicide and euthanasia.