From the moment a woman takes the abortion pill, she has about 72 hours to change her mind and save her baby, because of the proven Abortion Pill Reversal protocol. Tennessee Right to Life seeks to ensure that women who are prescribed the abortion pill are given information about the abortion pill reversal protocol.
More than one-third of abortions in the U.S. occur through the "abortion pill." As these numbers continue to rise, we know that no woman should ever feel forced to finish an abortion she regrets.
House Bill 2568 sponsored by Rep. Jeremy Faison (R-Cosby) and Senate Bill 2465 sponsored by Sen. Dolores Gresham (R-Somerville) would require abortion facilities to display signage informing women that a chemical abortion may be reversed following the first dose of a two-pill protocol and require a physician to provide the same information during informed consent, 48 hours prior to the abortion.
“There are many pro-life bills that are each year but this one has proven that it will save actual lives as it has already saved over 900 across the country.” said Will Brewer, Legislative Liaison for Tennessee Right to Life. “It is our hope that pro-life legislators will support this opportunity to give a woman all the information available about all her options especially when she may want to change her mind about an abortion decision. This information is important for the women of our state and their children.”
Currently, there are over 800 medical professionals, including several in Tennessee, trained to administer the Abortion Pill Reversal protocol. Visit Abortion Pill Rescue for more information about the process.
- The American Association of Pro-life Obstetricians and Gynecologists, a 2,500 member OB-GYN medical group, supports providing the Abortion Pill Reversal (APR) protocol to women who regret initiating the abortion pill process, along with appropriate informed consent.
- Because of the proven Abortion Pill Reversal protocol, developed by Drs. George Delgado and Matt Harrison, abortion-minded women now have the possibility of reversing the effects of the abortion pill Mifepristone by receiving multiple doses of a natural hormone, progesterone.
- The abortion pill regimen first uses RU-486 (Mifepristone) to block the effects of the progesterone which is necessary for the baby to survive. Then, 24 to 48 hours later, a different pill, Misoprostol (Cytotec), is given to induce contractions and expel the baby. The abortion pill reversal protocol uses the hormone progesterone to reverse the effects of RU-486, which is a progesterone blocker. Progesterone is a common treatment used to prevent miscarriage.
- Some women change their minds during the 24-48 hour period after taking the first drug, Mifepristone. And some profoundly regret the taking of this first abortion pill. Too often, women are unaware of the medical protocol which can provide them an opportunity to reverse their decision and save their child.
- If a woman has taken the first drug, Mifepristone, but has not yet taken the second drug, Misoprostol, and has questions regarding the health of her child or is questioning her decision to terminate her pregnancy, she should consult a physician immediately for information about the potential of reversing the effects of the abortion pill, or call the Abortion Pill Reversal Hotline: 877-558-0333.
- Women have undergone the progesterone reversal process, carried their babies to term and delivered healthy babies.
- To date over 900 babies have been saved by the Abortion Pill Reversal protocol. Currently, there are over 800 medical professionals including several in Tennessee, trained to administer the protocol.
Real Lives Saved:
Rebekah Hagan, speaker at this year's Women's Day on the Hill, had many concerns when she decided to undergo a chemical abortion. However, she quickly regretted that choice and found the hotline for Abortion Pill Rescue. Now she's thrilled to have two young sons, and regularly speaks to get the word out so that other women can have the opportunity she did to save their children. Read her full story here.
Dr. William Lile, a pro-life ob-gyn and champion of the Abortion Pill Reversal Process, faced an investigation into his use of the protocol to save twins in 2018. His use of Progesterone to save these twins' lives was deemed reasonable by the Institutional Review Board. Read the full story here.
Abortion pill reversal information
Unethical study countering abortion pill reversal
Legislative Actions on House Bill 2568
Referred to Health Committee 02/10/2020
Assigned to Public Health Subcommittee 02/11/20
Placed on 02/18/2020 calendar of Public Health Subcommittee 02/12/20
Moved to 02/25/2020 calendar of Public Health Subcommittee 02/18/20
Passed Public Health Subcommittee on a voice vote 02/25/2020
Placed on 03/03/2020 calendar of Health Committee 02/26/2020
Passed Health Committee on a voice vote 03/10/2020
Placed on 03/16/2020 calendar of House of Representatives 03/12/2020
Placed on 06/1/2020 calendar of House of Representatives.
Passed House of Representatives by a vote of 71-22-1 06/01/2020
Click Here for a Complete Listing of Legislative Actions on House Bill 2568
Legislative Actions on Senate Bill 2465
Referred to Senate Judiciary Committee 02/10/20
Placed on 06/02/2020 calendar of Senate Judiciary Committee 06/01/20
Moved to 06/09/2020 calendar of Senate Judiciary Committee 06/08/20
Action deferred in Senate Jdiciary Committee until 12/01/2020
Added as an Amendment to HB2263, passed the Senate by a vote of 23-5 06/19/20.
Click Here for a Complete Listing of Legislative Actions on Senate Bill 2465
Showing 4 reactions
Sign in withFacebook Twitter